Thursday 11 September 2014

Leaving London

My last month in England went scarily fast, filled with goodbyes from both friends from home and also from my University in London.
After my exams finished i had just under a week to embrace london before i went home for the final countdown. That week was incredibly busy, filled with goodbyes to the friends I'd made during my time in London in the past 2 years. I did a lot of the typically touristy stuff, such as exploring central after a long time of avoiding it, whilst also going out for about 3 meals a day, trying to see everybody before i went away. My best friend came down from Essex for my final weekend, so we partied it up in a way that would've challenged my fresher days, going to all our favourite places before admitting defeat on the final day and ending it with a chilled out pub night. Its weird thinking back to that last week, i remember at the time i didnt feel like i was going away, so saying bye to everyone seemed forced and false, asif it was a big pretence and i would see them again the week after. Even now i don't think its properly sunk in, as most of my friends haven't started back at uni, so i feel like this is just my holiday, where unfortunately I'm made to go to class. I was really fortunate with the weather, so spent a few of my last days in my favourite part of London, Camden. I spent so much time on Primrose Hill, which embarrassingly i only discovered towards the end of my time in London. 
I travelled back home to the north of england, and was back for just 1 night before going to Download Festival with a big group of friends from home. We had the most amazing weekend, seeing a lot of bands and drinking a lot of alcohol, i couldn't have asked for a better last weekend with my oldest favourites, cheesefest. 
After that I only had 5 days left in England before flying out, 3 of those spent in my hometown. 
My last few days was spent mostly with my mum, whilst also making sure i had everything packed. on the evenings there was a lot of leaving meals going on. My last day was really sunny and we all went to the pub and drank rekorderlig all day. i miss that a lot. i always thought that stuff was expensive but you would actually have to have a 6 figure job to be able to drink that stuff on the regular in Australia. It was bittersweet saying bye to the people I'd been friends with for so long. We'd already dealt with goodbyes before, when we all left each other 2 years ago to to go to university, so this didnt feel too weird as i spent the majority of the year away from them. 

Tourist shot with Beans

struggling to move my life from London back up North


us 4 gals having a ball through Avenged


half the gang 2nd day



favourite photo with fireman 

drunken photography turned good- Aerosmith

favourite people very messy

actual line up
goodbye meal with my family before me and Alisa flew off to Japan
down by the pub river for my final night

so thats a somewhat brief summarisation of my last few weeks in London, ending on the 22nd June when i flew out to Japan, Thailand and finally Australia. it still feels weird knowing how far away i am from my friends and family, and that even if i wanted to it isn't really possible to go home. its the most challenging thing I've done, but right now I'm 100% glad I did, as its literally been the most amazing experience, so much better than i ever could have imagined :)


No comments:

Post a Comment